Rates are our primary source of income, and we are legislated in the way we calculate Ordinary Rates.
Click on the links below to find out more, explore options for paying your rates, or for answers to a range of Frequently Asked Questions. For help in understanding your rate notice and what the various line items mean, download our 'How to read your rate notice' guide.
For information about rate harmonisation and to use the rates calculator, click here:
Changes to codes for rates payments
Updated 29 April 2021
We have recently changed over to a new IT system and as a result there are some important changes with your rates notice.
- Your Property ID has changed (this is the number located at the top right of your rate notice)
- For BPAY payments, our biller code as well as your reference number has changed. If you have this saved to your computer or banking app, please delete the current details and add in the new biller code (351106) and your new reference number. Please note the old biller code has now been cancelled, so please use the new number for any future payments. Any payments you have made up to now using the old biller code have been applied to your property.
Due dates for rates FY2020/2021
Rates are paid every year and can be paid in full or by quarterly instalments. Due to the financial impact of COVID-19, the due date for paying in full was extended by one month. This extension also applied for the first quarterly instalment. If you pay your rates in full, they are usually due on or before 31 August each financial year. This year, your rates were due on or before 30 September, 2020. A delay in issuing the Q3 instalment notice has also resulted in a one month extension of the payment date to ensure the usual 28 days advance notice for payment is provided.
Payment dates for quarterly instalments are:
- 1st Instalment – 30 September
- 2nd Instalment – 30 November
- 3rd Instalment – 2 April
- 4th Instalment – 31 May
Interest on overdue rates
Interest is charged on overdue amounts. In the FY20/21 period the following interest charges will apply:
- 0% pa for overdue amounts during the period 1/07/2020 - 31/12/2020
- 7% pa for overdue amounts during the period 1/01/2021 - 30/06/2021
Your Property Information
View our quarterly newsletter that comes with your rates and instalment notices.