Rates are our primary source of income, and we are legislated in the way we calculate Ordinary Rates.
Click on the links below to find out more, explore options for paying your rates, or for answers to a range of Frequently Asked Questions.
Due dates for rates
Important changes to due dates in FY20/21
Rates are paid every year and can be paid in full or by quarterly instalments. Due to the financial impact of COVID-19, the due date for paying in full has been extended by 1 month. This extension also applies for the first quarterly instalment. See below:
If you are paying in full, your rates are usually due on or before 31 August each financial year. This year, your rates are due on or before 30 September, 2020. If your payment is made via direct debit, please note that it will be deducted on 30 September (not 31 August) and ensure there are sufficient funds in your account at that time.
Payment dates for quarterly instalments are:
- 1st Instalment – 30 September (If your payment is made via direct debit, please note that it will be deducted on 30 September (not 31 August) and ensure there are sufficient funds in your account at that time)
- 2nd Instalment – 30 November
- 3rd Instalment – 28 February
- 4th Instalment – 31 May
Interest on overdue rates
Interest is charged on overdue amounts. In the FY20/21 period the following interest charges will apply:
- 0% pa for overdue amounts during the period 1/07/2020 - 31/12/2020
- 7% pa for overdue amounts during the period 1/01/2021 - 30/06/2021
Your Property Information
View Council's newsletter that comes with your rates notice.