Pay my water account

Water accounts are issued on a quarterly basis and include your water use charges. Charges for water access and sewer services are included on your property rates.

We do not currently have the system to be able to provide individual water use details online.


This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You will need a credit card to make an online payment. Credit card payments attract a merchant fee.

Payment needs to be made in full.

Step 1.Find your reference number

Look for the account number on the top right hand side of the account. You will need this when you go to pay

Step 2.Go to our online eservices portal

Online eservices portal

Note: If you receive an error message when making a payment and are using a VPN, you will need to turn off your VPN for the payment process and try again



Direct debit

You can register to pay your water account by direct debit by completing the form below.

Step 1.Complete the form

Download and complete the Water account direct debit request form(PDF, 310KB)

Step 2.Return the form

Return the form to us by one of the following methods;


BPAY payments can be via your financial institution

Step 1.Contact your financial institution to set up

Contact your bank, credit union or building society to make an online payment from your debit account. 

Step 2.Use the BPAY biller code 

The biller code for your water account is 351239 

The reference number for your property can be found next to the BPAY logo on the bottom left-hand corner of your water account. 


Step 1.Call 1300 858 977

To make a payment using a credit card 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and select option 2


Step 2.Have your customer reference number handy

You will need your customer reference number ready to complete your payment

Phone payments are handled by an automated phone service. Please note you will be liable for a merchant service fee



In person

You can pay in person as soon as you receive your water account. To pay in person you will need to bring your account with you and visit either;

  1. One of our Customer Service Centres


  2. Your local Australia Post Office


  1. Arrange a cheque or money order payable to MidCoast Council
  2. Mail your information to us

Please mail your cheque or money order, along with the remittance section of your account to: MidCoast Council, PO Box 482, Taree NSW 2430.


Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. You can start or change a deduction at any time. The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online.