Once you have development consent for building work, you will need to obtain a Construction Certificate.
If your proposal is relatively simple, it is possible to lodge the application at the same time as your development application.
A Construction Certificate certifies that:
- the construction plans and specifications comply with relevant standards (e.g. Building Code of Australia)
- construction plans and specifications are consistent with the development consent
- conditions of the development consent have been met.
All Construction Certificates and the majority of post consent certificates must be submitted through the NSW Planning Portal Construction Certificate | Planning Portal - Department of Planning and Environment (nsw.gov.au).
A construction certificate can be issued by us or by a private accredited certifier.
If you would like MidCoast Council to complete all the certification work for the development, on the Planning Portal, you will need to:
- appoint 'MidCoast Council’ as the Principal Certifier
- apply for a 'Construction Certificate', and once all works are complete
- apply for an 'Occupation Certificate'.