Pensioner rebates

To be eligible for a pension rebate, you must be the person liable for the rates and annual charges on a property.

The property must be:

  • your principal home and you must have either:
    • a current pensioner concession card or
    • Department of Veteran Affairs Gold card with Total Permanent Incapacity, Extreme Disablement Adjustment, or War Widow eligibility.

You need to reapply for the rebate if you move to a new address.

How much is the pensioner rebate?

Eligible ratepayers receive up to:

  • $250 on all ordinary rates and charges for domestic waste management services
  • $87.50 off their annual water rates and charges 
  • $87.50 off their annual sewerage rates and charges 

If you receive a pensioner concession card after the start of a billing period you can claim a rebate from the start of the next billing period.

How to apply

In person

Fill out the below form

and lodge it with us at one of our customer service centres.

Bring your pensioner concession card or DVA card.

Guide to filling in and submitting forms on our website

Via email

Fill out the below form

Email it, with a copy of your pension card or DVA card to us at