Please do not place any of the following items out with your piles of waste for collection - one unacceptable item in your pile may mean the entire pile is rejected.
- Wire-spring mattresses and bed bases (however, 2 wire spring mattresses or 1 mattress and bed base - per household - can be dropped off for free at your nearest Waste Management Centre while bulky waste collections are happening in your neighbourhood. Please refer to the Collection Schedule for your location's date)
- Oil heaters
- Commercial, trade, industrial or shop waste, eg plumbing fixtures, water tanks and tiling
- Tyres, wrecked motor vehicles, motor vehicle parts and engines
- Building and demolition materials, concrete, bricks and panes of glass
- Household hazardous waste, eg paint, spray paint, asbestos, solvents, chemicals, cleaners and unwanted medicines
- Lengths of material longer than 1.8m (excluding lounges etc)
- Small machinery containing fuel or oil
- Liquids of any sort including fuel and oil
- Batteries and gas bottles
- Recyclables collected in the yellow lidded bin, household garbage, and food scraps
- Garden organics, timber, grass clippings, soil and stones
- Treated timber, tree stumps and heavy branches
- Hot water systems larger than 260 litres
- Glass, windows or sliding doors that contain glass
- Fencing wire
Please note: waste items that are not accepted in the bulky waste clean-up can be disposed of at your local waste management facility (fees may apply).
Free all year round: household quantities of paint, oil, gas bottles, batteries, smoke detectors, fluoro globes, electronic waste and fire extinguishers can be disposed of for free at your local CRC at any time.
Check here to find your closest waste management facility and its hours of operation.