Pay my property rates

Your rates can be paid annually, by quarterly instalment or by arranging weekly, fortnightly or monthly direct debits. If you are connected to our water and sewer networks, your annual rate notice includes charges for water access and sewer services.

Instalment dates each year are 31 August, 30 November, 28 February and 31 May.

Interest is charged on any rates not paid on 30 June at the rate of 9 percent. Instalments not paid by their due dates also incur interest, calculated daily, at the rate of 9 percent from the instalment due date.

We do not currently have the ability to show individual payment history online.


This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

You will need a credit card to make an online payment. Credit card payments attract a merchant fee.

Payment needs to be made in full.

Step 1.Find your reference number

Look for the property ID number in the top right hand side of your notice. You will need this when you go to pay

Step 2.Go to our online e-services portal

Online eservices portal

Please note: If you receive an error message when making a payment and are using a VPN, you will need to turn off your VPN for the payment process and try again

Do you need to update your address? Please complete our change of address form.

Direct debit

You can register to pay your rates by direct debit by completing the form below.

Step 1.Complete the form

Download and complete the Council land rates direct debit request form(PDF, 383KB)

Step 2.Return the form

Return the form to us by one of the following methods;

Do you need to update your address? Please complete our change of address form.



BPAY payments can be via your financial institution

Step 1.Contact your financial institution to set up

Contact your bank, credit union or building society to make an online payment from your debit account. 

Step 2.Use the BPAY biller code 

The biller code for land rates is 351106

The reference number for your property can be found next to the BPAY logo on the bottom left-hand corner of your land rates notice.



Do you need to update your address? Please complete our change of address form.


Step 1.Call 1300 858 977

To make a payment using a credit card 24 hours a day, seven days a week

Step 2.Have your customer reference number handy

You will need your customer reference number ready to complete your payment

Phone payments are handled by an automated phone service. Please note you will be liable for a merchant service fee.


Do you need to update your address? Please complete our change of address form.


In person

You can pay in person as soon as you receive your rates notice. To pay in person you will need to bring your rates notice with you and visit either;

1. One of our Customer Service Centres


2. Your local Australia Post Office


  1. Arrange a cheque or money order payable to MidCoast Council
  2. Mail your information to us

Please mail your cheque or money order, along with the remittance section of your rates notice to: MidCoast Council, PO Box 482, Taree NSW 2430.


Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment. You can start or change a deduction at any time. The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online.