Tuncurry Waste Management Centre
Please note: As of Monday 3 October, the landfill facility at our Tuncurry Waste Management Centre will cease to accept waste. Find out more information here.
Tuncurry Waste Management Centre accepts most forms of waste not suitable for kerbside collection. JR Richards and Sons and their sub-contractors operate this waste facility.
The Centre includes:
- A Community Recycling Centre for problem waste
- Reviva - 'Tip Shop'
- Materials Recovery Facility
- Men's Shed
- Bicycle repair workshop - Green Bikes
- The Green - community garden
The State Government Waste Levy requires a contribution for every tonne of waste we receive at the facility.
Waste loads are weighed on entry, and again on exit, so that you can be charged accurately for the load you are disposing of.
Loads that are under 60kg will have a minimum charge and anything above 60kg will be weighed in and out to ensure that you only pay for what you bring to the landfill.
- Household recyclable materials can be dropped off free of charge
- EPA approved problem waste like paint, batteries, electronic waste and scrap metal are recycled and can be dropped off for free. Click here for more information.
- Green waste is mulched
- The 'Tip Shop' receives useful items. A bargain can usually be found.
- Mattresses are stripped and recycled. Refer to fees and charges for prices.
Please note: Household quantities of chemicals can be disposed of at a NSW EPA Chemical Clean Out event. Small quantities can be taken to a MidCoast Waste Management Centre for disposal for FREE.
Contact Council's Waste Management team on (02) 7955 7777 for any further inquiries.
Disposal fees cannot be altered or varied in any way.
The Tuncurry Waste Management Centre is home to our Material Recovery Facility.
Here we sort the items collected from your yellow recycling bin.
Tours of the recycling area are available. They offer the chance to view the sorting process. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
MidCoast Reviva Shop Opening Hours
Wednesday to Sunday - 9am to 3pm
Pollution Monitoring Data
| Environmental Protection Licence
|| MidCoast Council
| Property address
|| Midge Orchid Road, Tuncurry NSW 2428
| Sample frequency
| Date sample taken
|| 18 May 2022
| Date data obtained
|| 18 May 2022
| Date published
|| 7 June 2022
| EPA monitoring points
|| EPA ID #02, EPA ID #04, EPA ID #05
* Public registers regarding licenses, monitoring data, audits, pollution studies, penalty notices and similar can be found on the EPA website
Midge Orchid Road (formerly Tip Road), TUNCURRY 2428 View Map