Building Certification

Building Certification

In New South Wales, building work, subdivision work or the erection of structures is regulated by a certification process.

Certification is provided in the form of a Complying Development Certificate or Construction Certificate.

This process ensures that building or other work complies with technical standards, such as the Building Code of Australia and the conditions of development consent.

Council has a professional Building Certification Team with a focus on:

  • Processing Complying Development Certificate applications (CDCs);

  • Processing Construction Certificate applications (CCs) for all classes of buildings; and

  • Carrying out the associated building certification role (i.e. mandatory inspections during construction and issue of associated certification such as Occupation Certificates).

    Our Building Certification Team provide the building and development industry and the community with professional, timely and cost effective certification services for any level of project.

    When you use our team you benefit from:

  • the stability and long term support that only Council can provide

  • competitive pricing (contact us for a quote)

  • qualified and experienced building surveyors who are all accredited under the Building Professionals Board Accreditation Scheme

  • a comprehensive service that covers the full range of inspections (including plumbing & drainage) and certifications for residential, commercial and industrial developments

  • complete accountability so you know that your building work complies with all building regulations, construction standards and development consent requirements

  • our comprehensive database and archive of documents which gives us access to previous applications and approvals 

access to other professionals – including our engineers, development planners, heritage officers, health inspectors and on-site sewage management officers – so we can give you fast and comprehensive advice and assistance

You are required to lodge your application for a Complying Development Certificate or Construction Certificate  through the Planning Portal.