Non-residential rolls

Applications to enrol for the non-residential roll for the 2024 elections are now open.

Non-residential rolls provide people who are non-resident owners, occupiers and rate-paying lessees of rateable land within the MidCoast Council area an opportunity to have a say in who is elected to Council.

There are two non-residential rolls: the roll of non-resident owners of rateable land; and the roll of occupiers and rate-paying lessees.

These two rolls are combined with the residential roll to form the roll of electors for the Council area, which is used during an election.

The residential roll is the list of people who live in the Council area and are eligible to vote in elections. The forms are available here.

Further information on the non-residential rolls can be viewed here.

Voting as a non-resident in a Council Area

You are eligible to vote as a non-resident in a council area if you are:

  • an owner of rateable land in the council area
  • an occupier or rate-paying lessee of rateable land in the council area.