MidCoast Economic Development Strategy Reference Group
The Reference Group has been established for the purpose of:
- Contributing to Council’s strategic planning process in relation to Economic Development.
- Identifying and documenting Economic Development opportunities, programs and actions required to be undertaken to support economic growth across the MidCoast region.
- Helping create ownership of the final document.
- Cooperatively engaging with other relevant bodies including but not limited to the Department of Regional NSW and Regional Development Australia, to gain maximum benefit for the local community and the region.
- Working with Council and Council staff to develop a comprehensive economic development strategy which:
- Has a common definition of Economic Development to align expectations, using language everyone can understand;
- Aligns the views, thoughts and vision of the Business Community and Council;
- Provides clarity on what projects and actions align with an agreed vision;
- Identifies major projects for inclusion in a defined “action plan” with timelines and KPIs;
- Has actionable strategies, goals and outcomes for the Business Community and Council; and
- Delivers a platform to enhance Economic Development across the region.
- Ensuring that Council and the business community are accountable for delivering Economic Development outcomes for the betterment of the entire MidCoast community.
Reference Group members
Cr C Pontin
Cr J Miller
Cr P Epov
Cr P Howard (alternate)
- Anna Godfrey (President of the MidCoast Business Chamber)
- John Caldon (Team Taree)
- Matthew Clinch (Gloucester Business Chamber)
- Simon France (Forster Business Chamber) – Reference Group Chair
David Harvey (wider community)
Meeting notes from the previously established group: