Apprentices, Trainees and Graduates
Apprentice and Trainees
Combining your studies with on-the-job training is the perfect way to kick-start your career.
MidCoast Council’s Apprenticeship and Trainee program, available to people of all ages, is a great way to earn a nationally recognised qualification.
You’ll learn from experienced supervisors, have your study expenses paid, and earn a competitive salary.
And all the while, it’s the perfect way for us to ensure our workforce remains highly skilled and can meet our needs into the future.
Other benefits include:
- Support for ongoing personal and professional development
- Progressive local government environment
- Great lifestyle in the beautiful MidCoast Region
As a Graduate with MidCoast Council, you will have access to:
- A planned and managed program across multiple divisions
- Coaching and mentoring from skilled professionals
- A career pathway to map future training and potential opportunities
- A supportive learning environment ensuring exposure to a diverse range of projects and skills
Current Apprentice, Trainee & Graduate Opportunities
Apprenticeships are available in:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Fitter Technician
- Parks & Gardens
Traineeships are available in:
- Administration Support
- Civil Construction Design
- Support Workers (Ageing/Disability)
- Water & Sewer Operators
- Weed Biosecurity Officer
Graduates are available in:
Click here to find out more and apply for any of our apprentice, trainee and graduate opportunities