Recycling correctly is one of the most useful ways you can help to save resources and reduce waste sent to landfill.
Putting the wrong item in your yellow recycling bin can cause contamination and may result in your recycling ending up in landfill.
Recycling right is easy - just remember these basic rules:
- Keep it simple - paper, cardboard, aluminium and steel cans, glass bottles and jars and rigid plastic can be recycled
- Keep out soft plastics - if you can scrunch your plastic into a ball easily it can't go into your yellow recycling bin
- Keep out small items - nothing smaller than a business card, including lids and never put batteries into the recycling
- Keep it loose - never in plastic bags or boxes
- Keep it clean - rinse containers before placing in the yellow recycling bin
Complete our recycling survey
Right now, we’re conducting a survey to find out more about what our community needs from us to help improve the way we recycle across the region. Understanding what we’re generally doing right, and areas for improvement, will guide the types of materials and resources we’ll develop so we can all become recycling superstars.
Whether you’re already a good sort, or don’t recycle at all, complete the survey below.
Complete our community recycling survey here