Before an emergency
Emergencies can happen at any time, so it is important to be as ready as you can be to protect yourself, your family and your property.
Resilience NSW https://www.nsw.gov.au/resilience-nsw outlines five simple steps to get ready for disasters:
- Know your risk – think about the area you live in and the types of disasters that could affect you
- Plan now for what you will do – talk to your family and plan, pack a survival and recovery kit and have it ready to go
- Get your home ready – prepare your home by doing general home maintenance and checking your insurance
- Be aware – find out how to prepare and what to do if there is a disaster in your area
- Look out for each other – share information with your family, friends and neighbours
Preparing for different emergencies
Get ready for business
Get Ready Business has been specially designed to help NSW business owners prepare for disasters in five simple steps. This free toolkit includes:
- an easy-to-use booklet to guide you through the five steps
- posters to promote readiness in your workplace.
The NSW State Emergency Service has an Emergency Business Continuity Plan to help you create your plans.