Blackhead Road, Hallidays Point
Commencing late-June 2020, improvement works along a 600m stretch of Blackhead Road at Hallidays Point will be undertaken over 10 weeks, weather permitting, for completion in September.
With a focus on delivering a safer travel route for motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and visitors to this popular area, the section being targeted includes the busy Diamond Beach Road intersection, extending east to the Happy Hallidays Caravan Park.
The project scope includes renewing the worn road pavement, widening the west-bound lane and road shoulder, and kerb and gutter works to assist with drainage. While some existing vegetation within the work zone will be cleared to make way for the wider carriage-way, compensatory planting will be conducted to maintain environmental and aesthetic integrity.
- Works will be conducted between 7am and 5pm weekdays (with the potential for some weekend work as required)
- Lane closures will be required, with single-lane traffic directed through the work zone under manual traffic control while crews are on-site
- The road will re-open to 2 lanes after hours, however a 40km per hour speed limit will be in place at all times
- Footpath and driveway access, including entry into the caravan park, will be available under direction from road crews
- To minimise disruption, works will be suspended for 2 weeks in July to allow for school holiday traffic
Motorists can expect short delays, and are reminded to observe all roadworks signage, follow the directions of road crews, and travel with caution in the vicinity of the works.
Not only will the outcome of this important project provide road users with a safer, smoother and quieter travel route, reduced on-going maintenance costs delivers on our value-for-money approach.
As with all roadworks, unfavourable weather and/or unforseen issues may alter our works schedule. Please check back here to stay updated as the project progresses.
Blackhead Road, HALLIDAYS POINT 2430 View Map