The Manning Entertainment Centre is expanding thanks to generous grants from the State Government’s Regional Cultural Fund and the Estate of Beryl June Flett.
The combined donations of $2.55 million will see a state of the art, multi-purpose new studio space of approximately 660m2.
We’ll be updating this page regularly as the construction of this exciting new space progresses.
What will the space be used for?
The flat floor will enable room to be configured to accommodate smaller scale events such as meetings, events, small conferences, trade fairs, etc.
The space will allow intimate and versatile performances by local and visiting producers, seating up to 150 people, to complement the existing 500 seat main auditorium.
We envisage the studio will be perfect for small professional touring productions such as cabaret, comedy, film screenings, and chamber and contemporary music that local audiences are not currently able to experience due to the lack of a suitable venue in the region.
The studio will also be capable of supporting large events and performances that require multiple spaces for rehearsal, break-out space or performance space.
What will the project include?
- An auditorium with a minimum floor space of 400m2 to accomodate roughly 200 people.
Retractable seating for up to 150 people
Front of House facilities including commercial kitchen, toilets and portico between existing MEC foyer and new auditorium
- Back of house facilities including toilets and dressing rooms
- Audio and cinema projection equipment
- Suitable Control Room for Theatrical Equipment Operation
- Versatile rigging system to cater for a range of different shows
- Landscaping, footpaths and any other associated external works (including impacts on parking).