Did you know that one in five shopping bags of food ends up in the bin? What a waste!
The FREE Food Smart program is helping families cut food waste to save money and the environment.
The average family wastes almost $4,000 every year throwing food away. That’s $10 billion worth of food binned by NSW households every year. Throwing food away not only wastes the food itself, but also the energy, water and natural resources used to grow, package, transport and sell it.
The good news is that by making a few small simple changes at home, you can save money and reduce the amount of food you throw out.
Food Smart is a free program helping local families reduce their food waste – saving time, money and valuable natural resources.
It includes easy, step-by-step guides to help you reduce your food waste and keep more money in your pocket.
SIGN UP FOR FOOD SMART TODAY!
To join our Food Smart program CLICK HERE
Join our Food Smart Community and download FREE Food Smart resources including a handy meal planner, shopping list, actions cards and seasonal food guides with easy recipes to help you make the most of the food you buy!
- keep $4,000 a year in your pocket
- get your FREE step-by-step guide
- learn to shop, serve, store and save
- reduce landfill and greenhouse gases
- get your kids involved to create change
FOOD SMART INVOLVES
1. Look at your current food waste habits
2. Download FREE Food Smart resources to help you make the most of the food you buy!
3. Showcase your new skills.
For more information and to get involved visit the Food Smart website go to https://www.lovefoodhatewaste.nsw.gov.au/at-home/food-smart-program