Know Your Zone
We’re currently zoning in on the land use plans that apply to different parts of our region. Proposed changes to planning controls may impact what your neighbourhood looks like in the future.
Zoning dictates what can (and can’t) be done in your neighbourhood – from the way the land can be used and the size of lots, to the types of buildings and their height. Zones influence what your neighbourhood looks like, as well as other factors like the volume of traffic in your area, and even the future value of your property.
So far we’ve looked at housing, employment and recreation areas in our towns and villages, where new zones and changes to planning rules are being proposed. These could apply to where you live, work, shop and play.
Coming soon: HAVE YOUR SAY ON OUR URBAN ZONES
During February and March you’ll have the chance to get to know your zone and proposed changes that might apply… and an opportunity to tell us what you think.
Come back from Wednesday 5 February when the consultation opens, to:
- Use the online mapping tool to find your zone
- View any changes that are being proposed
- Ask us a question
- Provide your feedback
Register here to be alerted by email when the consultation opens & the web page is updated.
To help you get to know your zone, we’ll be visiting urban centres across the region where you can drop-in and chat with us to find out more about proposed changes near you.
- Hawks Nest Hall, Tuesday 11 February (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Bulahdelah War Memorial Hall, Thursday 13 February (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Gloucester Senior Citizens Centre, Tuesday 18 February (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Pacific Palms Community Centre, Thursday 20 February (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Harrington Function Centre (next to library), Monday 24 February (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Hallidays Point / Black Head SLSC, Tuesday 25 February (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Wingham Memorial Town Hall, Tuesday 3 March (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Old Bar Bowling Club, Wednesday 4 March (4.30 – 8.30pm)*
- Stroud School of Arts Hall, Thursday 5 March (4.30 – 8.30pm)
- Taree Council Chambers, Thursday 12 March (4.30 – 8.30pm)*
- Forster Council Chambers, Thursday 19 March (4.30 – 8.30pm)*
* Additional day time sessions may be organised, details to come.