Planning Proposal: To amend to the Great Lakes Local Environmental Plan 2014 - Land Use Zone, Minimum Lot Size and Floor Space Ratio map layers for various lots
General Locations: various locations including Tuncurry, Forster, Nabiac, Darawank, Coolongolook, Minimbah and Smiths Lake.
Details: The Planning Proposal seeks an amendment to the Great Lakes LEP 2014 to allow for:
- The rezoning of 33 lots of publicly acquired land in high value conservation areas to E2 Environmental Protection or E3 Environmental Management to reflect the ecological value and to restrict development on these lands;
- To clarify the development potential on a specific site located on the corner of Macwood Road and Matthew Road, Smiths Lake (Lot 52 DP 708662) by realigning a zoning boundary to reflect the location of existing buildings on the site;
- To ensure a specific parcel of land at Warrina Circuit Minimbah (Lot 26 DP 1120907) is appropriately zoned due to its environmental significance and the need for land to be managed as a conservation lot;
- Where applicable, to ensure the development standards of minimum lot sizes, height of buildings and floor space ratios of the rezoned lands are generally consistent with other environmentally zoned lots in the Great Lakes region.
Delegations: The Minister for Planning has delegated the making of this plan to Council.
The planning proposal can be viewed by clicking on the document liunks to the right of this page, or in person at the MidCoast Council Forster and Tea Gardens Administration Offices during opening hours.
On exhibition: Wednesday 12 December 2018 to Friday 1 February 2019
Have your Say
We welcome your feedback during the exhibition period.
Please ensure you provide feedback before 4.30pm on Friday 1 February 2019.
Submissions can be made in the following ways:
- Online using the form below
- By emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, addressed to the General Manager, MidCoast Council, Breese Parade, Forster, NSW 2428.
Please include the following submit code when making your submission:
Please provide full return address and telephone number when making a submission.
Where a submission is made by way of objection, the grounds of objection must be specified.
Click here to view form.