The Code of Conduct for Local Councils in NSW is made under section 440 of the Local Government Act 1993 (“LGA”) and the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 (“the Regulation”).
It sets the minimum standards of conduct for council officials. It is prescribed by regulation to assist council officials to:
- understand and comply with the standards of conduct that are expected of them
- enable them to fulfil their statutory duty to act honestly and exercise a reasonable degree of care and diligence (section 439)
- act in a way that enhances public confidence in local government
The draft document can be viewed by clicking on the link to the right of this page or in person at our Council offices.
Make a submission
We welcome your feedback during the exhibition period.
Please ensure you provide feedback 4.30pm on Thursday 9 May 2019.
Submissions can be made in the following ways:
- Online using the form below
- By emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail, addressed to the General Manager, MidCoast Council, PO Box 450, FORSTER NSW 2428.
Please include the following submit code when making your submission:
- Submit Code: CODE CONDUCT
Please provide full return address and telephone number when making a submission.
Click here to view form.