2020 - tip vouchers
The 2020 bulky waste collection across the MidCoast region was cancelled in March 2020 as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic, following discussions between Council and waste collection contractor, JR Richards. Find out more about the cancellation of the 2020 Bulky Waste collection by reviewing our FAQs(PDF, 494KB).
Vouchers to replace cancelled bulky waste collection
The decision to issue two waste disposal vouchers to every MidCoast Council ratepayer who receives a domestic waste service, in lieu of this year’s annual kerbside bulky waste collection, was made at the 26 August 2020 council meeting.
- Vouchers were lodged with Australia Post at the end of October for delivery during November
- Vouchers are valid for use at any MidCoast Waste Management Centre until 30 June 2021
- Conditions of use apply - see below, and printed on the vouchers
- The voucher system is a one-off activity provided instead of the 2020 annual bulky waste collection, which was cancelled due to COVID-19
What items are accepted / not accepted?
Your tip vouchers allow you to drop the following items at one of our waste management centres at no charge (subject to conditions). Please note, some of the items listed here are NOT acceptable in a kerbside collection.
- Bulky household items, eg furniture
- Green and timber waste
- Metal waste / whitegoods, eg fridges, hot water systems, lawn mowers
- Cardboard, mixed recyclables
- Engine oil (up to 25 litres per voucher)
- eWaste, eg TVs and computers
- Clean bricks and concrete (household quantities)
- Maximum of 2 mattresses per voucher (ensemble base counts as a mattress)
- Maximum of 2 car tyres per voucher
Items that are not accepted:
- Soil or clean fill
- Truck tyres
- Commercial, trade, industrial or shop waste
- Building and demolition waste
Conditions of use
- All waste must be sorted
- Valid until 30 June 2021
- Maximum load of one cubic metre (per voucher)
- Domestic waste only
- Items listed as 'not accepted' will incur a disposal fee
- Photocopies or vouchers that have been tampered with will not be accepted
- Each voucher is valid for one use only and must be forfeited at the time of use
- Vouchers are not redeemable for cash
- Validation at the time of disposal is at the discretion of the landfill operator
- Replacement vouchers will not be issued
Frequently asked questions
All waste must be sorted: What does this mean?
- When loading your waste into your trailer or vehicle separate it by waste type, eg scrap metal, green waste, waste for landfill, CRC items
- This will ensure you can drop your items at at specific areas upon arrival, without incurring an 'unsorted' waste disposal fee
- Waste management staff will direct you to drop your waste types into the designated areas at the Transfer Station, starting with CRC items before heading onot the weighbridge
- Sorting your waste before you arrive makes your visit more enjoyable, helps staff provide you with the highest possible efficient and speedy service, and means you can use your free waste disposal voucher without attracting 'unsorted' disposal fees
Do I have to provide ID/proof of residence at the landfill?
No, each voucher contains a unique barcode number that identifies individual households
Can I give my voucher to my handyman or family member to take the waste to the tip for me?
Can I use my voucher if I only have a boot load of waste?
I’ve just demolished my bathroom/kitchen can I use the voucher to dispose of this waste?
No, renovation, construction and demolition waste is not accepted (disposal fees apply)
Will the bulky waste collection go ahead next year?
The bulky waste collection is scheduled to recommence in 2021 (subject to any COVID-19 restrictions that may be in place at that time)
Can I come into the office to collect my vouchers?
No the vouchers have been mailed out to each ratepayer via Australia Post
My rates notice gets emailed, will I receive my vouchers via email too?
No, vouchers have been mailed to your nominated postal address via Australia Post
I’ve just purchased or moved into a newly built home, will I get the disposal vouchers?
If change of ownership is registered with Council prior to 18 October 2020 then yes you will receive the vouchers. Due to printing deadlines, residents who acquired a property after 18 October 2020 will not receive the vouchers.
I did not receive my vouchers in the mail, what can I do?
Please be patient - due to COVID-19 there may be some delays with Australia Post mail deliveries. If you are not the owner of the property, please contact your real estate agent or landlord to obtain the vouchers.
Can I go to a facility before I get the vouchers and then get reimbursed by Council for the disposal fees?
No, if you choose to visit a facility prior to receiving your vouchers you will be required to pay the applicable disposal fees
I don’t have any use for the vouchers, can I receive a monetary payment or a credit on my rates instead of the vouchers?
No, the vouchers are in lieu of the cancelled bulk waste collection, and it is your choice whether or not to use them
I don’t have the means to take my waste to a facility, can I arrange for Council to pick it up?
No, due to the significant costs involved we are unable to collect waste from individual households. Please ask a neighbour, friend, relative or handyman to assist in transporting your waste to a facility (fees may apply for handyman services).
I’ve lost my vouchers, can I get request replacement vouchers?
No, the waste disposal vouchers are a one-off in lieu of the cancelled bulk waste collection, and lost or misplaced vouchers will not be replaced
Check here to find your closest waste management facility and its hours of operation.