- Project scheduleDue for completion April 2019
Road reconstruction and widening project of a 630 metre stretch of Avalon Road between Germany Lane and Idalorn Close.
Ditchfield contractors are due to commence work on site at the end of January 2019.
Scope of works includes:
- Establishment of Traffic Control Devices, The Site Compound, and Erosion & Sedimentation Control Devices
- Clearing of several mature eucalypts and about 20 young eucalypts, together with about 10 wattles and exotic dominated ground cover species
- Stripping & stockpiling of topsoil for re-use
- Excavation to allow for road widening works
- Placing & compacting filling for road widening
- Placing & compacting new pavement materials on the widened sections
- Insitu Stabilisation of existing and widened road pavement
- Overlaying the stabilised road pavement with a second layer of new pavement material
- Sealing the new road pavement
- Linemarking and erection of signs
Funding for this project comes from a Regional Road Block Grant and from our $100m road improvement fund.
Temporary traffic control will be in operation 24/7.
Avalon Road, KRAMBACH 2429 View Map