Imagine a garage that’s safe enough for the whole family to enjoy.
Our mobile Community Recycling trailer will be visiting neighbourhoods right across the MidCoast region, helping you dispose of those hazardous problem waste items that are gathering dust on your garage shelves.
Safer all round
- Problem waste items like old batteries and gas bottles can be dangerous in your home.
- They can’t go in your normal yellow bin, as they pose a risk for our waste service operators.
- And if they’re not disposed of correctly, they are hazardous to our environment.
Correct disposal of these unwanted items improves safety all round.
Check your garage, shed, laundry and under the sink for these hazardous waste items, which can be dropped off for free at one of our Community Recycling Centres at Tuncurry, Gloucester, and The Bucketts Way, or dropped at our Mobile recycling trailer when we visit your neighbourhood (see below).
- Gas bottles
- Motor oils
- Car batteries
- Household batteries
- Fluoro globes and tubes
- Smoke detectors
- Fire extinguishers
If you’re using the mobile recycling trailer, up to 20kg or 20 litres per household will be accepted.
Coming to a neighbourhood near you
We will be visiting the following locations during 2019:
- Coomba Park (park adjacent Pollards General Store) - Thursday 14 February - 8am - 10am
- Pacific Palms Recreation Club - Thursday 14 March - 8am - 10am
- Coopernook (reserve outside the Coopernook Hotel) - Thursday 11 April - 8am - 10am
- Manning Point (opposite General Store) - Thursday 16 May - 8am - 10am
- Black Head, Wylie Breckenridge Park (near shopping centre carpark) - Thursday 27 June - 8am - 10am
- Krambach Hall - Thursday 15 August - 8am - 10am
- Bulahdelah Waste Transfer Station, Pacific Highway - Tuesday 10 September - 1pm - 3pm
- Tea Gardens Waste Transfer Station, Winta Road - Thursday 17 October - 8am - 10am
Gloucester, Community Recycling Centre, Gloucester Landfill, Thunderbolts Way - Thursday 14 November - 8am - 10am
Please note: The trailer may leave a location earlier than the advertised finished time in the event that it reaches capacity, or at the discretion of Council operators. Please adhere to the 20kg / 20litre limit to ensure everyone has a fair chance to drop off their problem waste.
This project is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, funded from the waste levy.
Re-imagine Waste is a MidCoast region-wide initiative, and part of our commitment to reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.