We are currently undertaking a project to consolidate our administration functions into a central location at 2 Biripi Way, Taree.
The new head office will provide space for 350 staff, currently working across three administrative buildings in Taree and Forster, as well as a customer service centre, Council Chambers, and room for future growth. A financing strategy, adopted by Council, makes it clear that we will not be increasing rates to pay for the move, and operational funds will not be impacted.
How will the move be funded?
The financing strategy identifies funding from three sources:
- Cash reserves - $7.2 million
- Sale of property assets - $4.8 million
- Borrowings - $8 million, with repayments to be funded through the rental income gained from the currently used administration offices in Taree and Forster
Where will my nearest customer service centre be located?
While our administrative functions will move to the head office location, our customer service points will be maintained.
- Forster - customer service will be located at the new Civic Precinct in Lake Street once it’s completed (until then it will remain in Breese Parade)
- Taree - customer service will be relocated to Biripi Way
- Gloucester - no change
- Stroud - no change
- Tea Gardens - no change
Where can I find out more?
Download and read the fact sheet(PDF, 926KB)
Or for background information where you'll find a detailed outline and documentation relating to the processes undertaken to date.