Speak in a Public Forum
A member of the public can request to address a Council meeting personally, or on behalf of a group of residents after first submitting the correct request form.
There are two different opportunities for members of the community to address Council. Firstly you will need to decide which one applies to your requirements:
- At a public forum (held prior to a Council meeting). For an item not on the meeting agenda community members can apply to address Council at the public forum held prior to a Council meeting (between 1.15pm and 1.45pm)
Request to Speak at a Public Forum
For an item not on the meeting agenda community members can apply to address Council at the public forum held prior to a Council meeting (between 1.15pm and 1.45pm).
If no applications to speak are received by 4pm the day prior to the meeting this forum will not proceed.
- Speakers can apply to address Council on up to two (2) items of business not on the agenda
- Speakers will have three (3) minutes on each item to address Council
- Councillor/s may ask questions of the speaker
- A speaker may not ask questions of Council, Councillors or Council staff
- Council can not make a decision or a determination in this forum
For requests to address Council in the public forum, please complete:
If you are unclear which request form to use, or have further questions, please contact the Executive Assistant, Lineve Clarke on (02) 6591 7222.