Speak at a Council Meeting
A member of the public can request to address a Council meeting personally, or on behalf of a group of residents after first submitting the correct request form.
There are two different opportunities for members of the community to address Council. Firstly you will need to decide which one applies to your requirements:
- During a Council meeting. For items on the meeting agenda community members can apply to address Council during the Ordinary Meeting that commences at 2pm.
Request to Speak on an Agenda Item During a Council Meeting
For items on the meeting agenda community members can apply to address Council during the Ordinary Meeting that commences at 2pm.
- Applications to speak at a Council meeting must be received by 4pm the day prior to the meeting
- Speakers can apply to address Council on up to two (2) items of business on the agenda of the Council meeting
- Up to three (3) speakers for and three (3) speakers against each item on the agenda will be allowed
- Speakers have three (3) minutes on each item
- Councillors are not able to ask questions of the speaker
- A speaker may not ask questions of Council, Councillors or Council staff
For requests to address Council on items on the Agenda, please complete:
If you are unclear which request form to use, or have further questions, please contact the Executive Assistant, Lineve Clarke on (02) 6591 7222.