Community Recovery Bushfire Reference Group
The purpose of the reference group is to provide strategic advice and feedback to assist Council in supporting the MidCoast community to recover and renew following the bushfire events of late 2019.
The reference group will also help to support the recovery and renewal process by working with Council to support local recovery efforts for communities impacted by the bushfire events.
The group reflects the value that Council places on our unique, diverse and culturally rich communities as well as our connected community across the MidCoast.
Black Summer Bushfires devastated the MidCoast community in November 2019. According to RFS building impact assessments there were:
- 125 homes destroyed
- 62 homes damaged
- 9 facilities destroyed
- 16 facilities damaged
- 270 outbuildings destroyed
- 129 outbuildings damaged
The Bushfire Recovery Reference Group will play an important and ongoing role in:
- Listening to the community
- Providing feedback to Council
- Helping identify and establish priorities for community bushfire recovery
- Developing the processes and procedures by which they communicate and engage with the community
- Supporting community-led recovery and renewal of the MidCoast community
The Mayor and Deputy Mayor have been appointed to the reference group.
The group will commence meeting shortly after membership has been determined.
A meeting schedule will be determined by the group once established.
Want to get involved?
We are seeking nominations from members of the community from each of the following areas:
- Mount George / Caffreys Flat
- Wherrol Flat / Caparra
- Marlee / Bobin
- Mooral Creek
- Upper Lansdowne
- Johns River / Moorland
- Old Bar / Wallabi Point
- Rainbow Flat
- Tinonee / Hillville
- One representative from the Mid Coast Renewal Committee
- A professional with demonstrated "Community Development" experience in a Local Government context
If you are interested, simply fill in the online form below or return your application in writing with a cover letter to General Manager, MidCoast Council, PO Box 482, Taree 2430.
Nominations close Thursday 30 April 2020 at 4.30pm.
Click here to view form.