We are committed to engaging with our community in a meaningful way to support decision making, plan for projects, and to strengthen our communities. By inviting your participation, we aim to create a sense of belonging, connection and involvement, and ultimately greater ownership of decisions by the whole community. Successful engagement is also about building strong relationships.
While engagement takes place on issues and activities that range in size from small, location-specific projects, to large region-wide projects, our approach is always based on the core values and levels created by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
Your feedback during the engagement process is one important element in our decision making, and is considered in the context of a range of other considerations, such as social impacts, budget parameters, legislation, Council policies and resolutions, environmental impacts and technical and professional advice.
View our Community Engagement Strategy(PDF, 2MB) (which includes our Community Participation Plan) for more information about our approach, and our Communications Strategy(PDF, 1MB), which guides the ways we connect with you during engagement activities.
Local Community Conversations - Oct/Nov 2019
We re-visited 12 locations across the MidCoast during October and November 2019, following up on our conversations with you earlier this year when you told us what was important for your local community.
Commonly asked questions or themes for each location have been collated into a Q&A and shared with your community after the sessions. You can view the Q&As collated through our previous conversations by clicking the concertina below.
Where we visited
Old Bar - Club Old Bar - 26 March - Old Bar Q&A document(PDF, 528KB)
Nabiac - Showground Hall - 28 March - Nabiac Q&A document(PDF, 233KB)
Stroud - School of Arts Hall - 2 April - Stroud Q&A document(PDF, 436KB)
Hallidays Point - Blackhead SLSC - 11 April - Hallidays Point Q&A document(PDF, 271KB)
Taree - Council Chambers - 16 April - Taree Q&A document(PDF, 220KB)
Forster - Council Chambers - 17 April - Forster Q&A document(PDF, 377KB)
Gloucester - Senior Citizens - 17 April - Gloucester Q&A document(PDF, 290KB)
Harrington - Bowling Club - 30 April - Harrington Q&A document(PDF, 288KB)
Bulahdelah - School of Arts Hall - 1 May - Bulahdelah Q&A document(PDF, 230KB)
Pacific Palms - Community Hall - 2 May - Pacific Palms Q&A document(PDF, 365KB)
Wingham - Services Club - 7 May - Wingham Q&A document(PDF, 553KB)
Tea Gardens - Baptist Church - 9 May - Tea Gardens Q&A document(PDF, 275KB)
Community Satisfaction Survey Results
Feedback from consultation programs
- Allworth Tidal Pool renaming - October 2019(PDF, 707KB)
- Farquhar Street, Wingham Road Treatment - Consultation Report - June 2019(PDF, 2MB)
- Forster Ocean Baths Amenities Upgrade - Consultation Report - May 2019(PDF, 3MB)
- Forster Ocean Baths Amenities Upgrade - Plans(PDF, 6MB)
- Wingham Road, Kolodong Road Project - Consultation Report - August 2019(PDF, 346KB)
- Hawks Nest Community Hall Upgrade - Initial Consultation Report - September 2019(PDF, 2MB)
- Barrington River Bridge Naming - Consultation Report - August 2019(PDF, 429KB)
- Hallidays Point War Memorial Location – Consultation Report – September 2019(PDF, 1MB)
- Hallidays Point War Memorial - September 2019(PDF, 1MB)
- Browns Creek -Figtrees on the Manning - February 2020(PDF, 760KB)