We are committed to engaging with our community in a meaningful way to support decision making, plan for projects, and to strengthen our communities. By inviting your participation, we aim to create a sense of belonging, connection and involvement, and ultimately greater ownership of decisions by the whole community. Successful engagement is also about building strong relationships.
While engagement takes place on issues and activities that range in size from small, location-specific projects, to large region-wide projects, our approach is always based on the core values and levels created by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2).
Your feedback during the engagement process is one important element in our decision making, and is considered in the context of a range of other considerations, such as social impacts, budget parameters, legislation, Council policies and resolutions, environmental impacts and technical and professional advice.
View our Community Engagement Strategy(PDF, 1MB) for more information about our approach, and our Communications Strategy(PDF, 1MB) (PDF, 1MB), which guides the ways we connect with you during engagement activities.
Local Community Conversations schedule - Oct/Nov 2019
We're re-visiting 12 locations across the MidCoast during October and November 2019, following up on our conversations with you earlier this year when you told us what was important for your local community. In these follow-up sessions:
- Find out how we're delivering on what you told us
- Ask our leadership team about the activities / initiatives we have happening or being planned in your area
- Provide us with feedback on your priorities for the coming year
Like last time, the session will run for around 2 hours, and you can either ask your question at the session or lodge it online beforehand. Registering a question or topic of interest (using the form below) not only means we have the correct information on hand to answer you, but ensures those people who can't make it can participate. Based on the feedback from last time, we also recognise that not everyone wants to stand up and ask their question in front of a crowd.
Commonly asked questions or themes for each location will be collated into a Q&A and shared with your community after the session. You can view the Q&As collated through our previous conversations by clicking the concertina below.
Where we are visiting
- Pacific Palms - Community Hall - Thursday 17 October, 6pm
- Forster - Council Chambers - Tuesday 22 October, 6pm
- Bulahdelah - School of Arts Hall - Thursday 24 October, 6pm
- Old Bar - Club Old Bar - Tuesday 29 October, 6pm
- Gloucester - Senior Citizens Hall - Tuesday 5 November, 6pm
- Taree - Council Chambers - Wednesday 6 November, 10am
- Harrington - Club Harrington - Thursday 7 November, 6pm
- Stroud - School of Arts - Tuesday 12 November, 6pm
- Hallidays Point - Black Head SLSC - Tuesday 19 November, 6pm
- Wingham - Services Club - Wednesday 20 November, 6pm
- Tea Gardens - Baptist Church - Tuesday 26 November, 6pm
- Nabiac - Showground Hall - Thursday 28 November, 6pm
Ask a question
Click here to view form.
Local Community Conversations (Oct/Nov) - Ask a Question
Click here to view form.
Old Bar - Club Old Bar - 26 March - Old Bar Q&A document(PDF, 528KB)
Nabiac - Showground Hall - 28 March - Nabiac Q&A document(PDF, 233KB)
Stroud - School of Arts Hall - 2 April - Stroud Q&A document(PDF, 436KB)
Hallidays Point - Blackhead SLSC - 11 April - Hallidays Point Q&A document(PDF, 271KB)
Taree - Council Chambers - 16 April - Taree Q&A document(PDF, 220KB)
Forster - Council Chambers - 17 April - Forster Q&A document(PDF, 377KB)
Gloucester - Senior Citizens - 17 April - Gloucester Q&A document(PDF, 290KB)
Harrington - Bowling Club - 30 April - Harrington Q&A document(PDF, 288KB)
Bulahdelah - School of Arts Hall - 1 May - Bulahdelah Q&A document(PDF, 230KB)
Pacific Palms - Community Hall - 2 May - Pacific Palms Q&A document(PDF, 365KB)
Wingham - Services Club - 7 May - Wingham Q&A document(PDF, 553KB)
Tea Gardens - Baptist Church - 9 May - Tea Gardens Q&A document(PDF, 275KB)
Community Satisfaction Survey Results
Feedback from consultation programs