Apprentices and Trainees
Combining your studies with on-the-job training is the perfect way to kick-start your career.
MidCoast Council’s Apprenticeship and Trainee program, available to people of all ages, is a great way to earn a nationally recognised qualification.
You’ll learn from experienced supervisors, have your study expenses paid, and earn a competitive salary.
And all the while, it’s the perfect way for us to ensure our workforce remains highly skilled and can meet our needs into the future.
Other benefits include:
- Support for ongoing personal and professional development
- Progressive local government environment
- Great lifestyle in the beautiful MidCoast Region
Current Apprentice and Trainee Opportunities
Apprenticeships are available in:
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanic
- Parks and Gardens
Traineeships are available in:
- Civil Construction
- Civil Construction Design
- Laboratory Technician
- Water & Sewer Operator
- Support Worker Ageing OR Disability
- Customer Relations
School Based Traineeship:
- Elsa Dixon Aboriginal School Based Traineeship - Aboriginal identified position