Forster Ocean Bath Cleaning
- Project typeRegular cleaning and maintenance
- Project scheduleMonthly
The pool is closed once a month for emptying and cleaning.
Please note that the scheduled pool cleaning times can change due to unforeseen circumstances or adverse weather conditions.
We will make every effort to keep the cleaning schedule as accurate as possible, but there may be rare occasions where we have been unable to update the cleaning schedule on this website.
- Thursday, 5 January 2017
- Friday, 3 February 2017
- Monday, 6 March 2017
- Tuesday, 4 April 2017
- Wednesday, 3 May 2017
- Friday, 2 June 2017
How the Pool is Cleaned:
- Water from the ocean is gravity fed at high tide through the inlet valve positioned on the eastern side of the wall.
- Water and debris flows through the pipe to the sediment well where sand, rocks, seaweed and shells collect at the base of the well.
- Water is pumped from the well into the swimming pool, the current flowing from the northern wall.
- The pool is cleaned monthly by opening the outlet valve, which is located on the north-western corner of the pool. The pool is completely emptied of water.
- All walls are pressured cleaned and marine growth is removed off the sides of the structure. All sand is removed from the base of the pool and replaced with fresh sand.
- The enclosure is then filled with fresh ocean water.
26 North Street, FORSTER 2428 View Map