Bulahdelah Road and Stormwater Drainage Works
- Project typeRoad and Drainage reconstruction
- Project value$1.2m jointly funded by MidCoast Council and RMS
- Project scheduleStage 1 – Stroud and Lee Streets – 3 April 2017 to mid June
- Contractor nameSt Hilliers
Updated: Thursday 23 March 2017
This project involves reconstruction of road to a higher standard, upgrading stormwater system from open drains to underground, installing kerb and gutter, and installing a roundabout at the intersection of Lee and Stroud Streets.
Roadworks are scheduled to commence Monday 3 April (delayed from original start date due to wet weather), and Lee Street near its intersection with Stroud Street will be closed from Monday 10 April. Please note, the B-Double route will be altered while Lee Street remains closed, to allow heavy vehicle access via Crawford and Richmond Streets.
The project will be carried out in stages over an approximate 18 week period as follows:
- Stage 1 – Stroud and Lee Streets – April - mid-June
- Stage 2 – Crawford and Lee Streets – mid-June – end July
- Asphalt and line-marking will follow at the end of July
This project is part of the larger bypass works undertaken by RMS several years ago. Since then, the scope of the project has been reviewed and expanded to provide a more practical solution for resolving some of the stormwater issues from the bypass, and involves removing large open table drains and replacing them with underground piped stormwater.
As well as providing smoother and safer local roads, this part of the Bulahdelah township will also be visually improved.
Lee Street, BULAHDELAH 2423 View Map