Section 94 Developer Contributions
When development occurs, future residents require infrastructure such as roads, footpaths, parks and community services. These costs alone can’t be met by Council and the developer will be required to contribute to the cost of providing this infrastructure.
These costs are known as developer contributions or Section 94 contributions (which is the section of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 that applies). Contributions are imposed as conditions of development consent or approval.
The contribution may be:
- The payment of monies
- Dedication of an appropriate parcel of land (such as a new park)
- Improvements to the land (such as playground equipment).
Contribution plans provide the basis for what infrastructure is needed and how the costs are apportioned over an area. The plans that apply across the MidCoast Council area are shown below:
Great Lakes Region
Planning Agreements are a legally binding agreement between Council and a landowner. Planning Agreements can provide a range of public facilities and are usually associated with a proposal to change the zone of a property and redevelop the site.
If you are purchasing land covered by a Planning Agreement it is important to understand how this may affect you.
- Hooklyn Pty Ltd & The Saltwater Partnership, Wallabi Point (2006)(PDF, 780KB)
- Harrington Waters Estate (2007)(PDF, 727KB)
- Precinct 2B Old Bar (2008)(PDF, 4MB)
- Tallwoods Eastern Lands (2010) and Appendices(PDF, 7MB)
- 210 Diamond Beach Road, Diamond Beach (2010)(PDF, 12MB)
- Precinct 1 Old Bar (2010)(PDF, 2MB)
- 303 Blackhead Road, Hallidays Point (2010)(PDF, 3MB)
- 323 Blackhead Road, Hallidays Point (2010)(PDF, 1MB)
- FIGTREES on the Manning (2010)(PDF, 6MB)
- 310 Diamond Beach Road, Diamond Beach (2012)(PDF, 3MB)
- Brimbin (2014)(PDF, 3MB) and Explanatory Note(DOC, 89KB)
- 90 High Street, Black Head (2014)(PDF, 7MB)
- Brimbin biodiversity offset land (2015)(PDF, 6MB)
Great Lakes Region
- Seven Mile Beach Holdings Planning Agreement(PDF, 684KB)
- Planning Agreement between Council and R L & S C Wilson, North Tuncurry (Due to its size this is only available for viewing from Council)
- 5-9 Wallis Street, Forster Planning Agreement(PDF, 552KB)
- North Shearwater Planning Agreement(PDF, 1MB)
- Council & Davglade Pty Ltd Planning Agreement(PDF, 3MB)
- Lot 15 Carmona Drive Planning Agreement(PDF, 2MB)
- Lot 114 DP 1103145, Blueys Beach Planning Agreement(PDF, 2MB)
- Lot 191 DP 226108, Boomerang Beach Planning Agreement(PDF, 1MB)
- Lot 6 DP 811686, Boomerang Beach Planning Agreement(PDF, 1MB)
- Lot 19 DP 710308, Elizabeth Beach Planning Agreement(PDF, 2MB)
- Lot 41 & 42 DP 1070195, Boomerang Beach Planning Agreement(PDF, 2MB)
- Tropic Gardens Drive, Smiths Lake Planning Agreement(PDF, 9MB)