To ensure growth is managed well alongside prepared various plans and policies, to guide and assess development proposals. While some of these policies contain controls adopted by Council, other State policies also apply to certain land which Council must consider in its assessment of development applications.
LEP - Local Environmental Plan
We have prepared this plan to guide planning decisions for our area. Our Local Environmental Plan (LEP) became effective on 25 June 2010 and applies to all land within the Manning Valley.
The LEP sets out the zoning of land and specific criteria for what development is allowed in each zone. You need to read the text and look at the maps to know what you can do on your land.
You can view copies of our LEP's and the LEP maps on the NSW Legislation website for each region by following the links below.
LEP - Planning Proposals
Great Lakes Region
DCP - Development Control Plan
While our Local Environmental Plan (LEP) tells you what you can and can't do on your land, our Development Control Plan (DCP) guides what you do on your land.
The DCP helps to make sure development is consistent, sustainable and meets the community's expectations.
Individual parts of the various DCP's will assist you while you are planning your development.
DCP - Great Lakes Region
DCP - Gloucester Region(PDF, 3MB)
DCP - Manning Region
- Table of contents(PDF, 259KB)
- Part A - Preliminary information(PDF, 449KB)
- Part B - Character statements(PDF, 1MB)
- Part C - Subdivision requirements(PDF, 453KB)
- Part D - Environmental requirements(PDF, 541KB)
- Part E - Flooding requirements(PDF, 501KB)
- Note: For flooding maps, please use our online mapping application
- Part F - Heritage requirements(PDF, 1MB)
- Part G - Car Parking and Access(PDF, 517KB)
- Part H - Residential requirements(PDF, 911KB)
- Part I - Commercial requirements(PDF, 379KB)
- Part J - Rural & Environmental zone requirements(PDF, 359KB)
- Part K - Industrial requirements(PDF, 388KB)
- Part L - Local area plans(PDF, 4MB)
- Part M - Site waste minimisation & management(PDF, 396KB)
- Part N - Landscaping requirements(PDF, 487KB)
- Part O - Signage and Advertising requirements(PDF, 321KB)
- Appendix A - Figtrees on the Manning Master Plan(PDF, 4MB)
- Appendix B - Figtrees on the Manning Concept Approval(PDF, 31MB)
- Appendix C - repealed
- Appendix D - Heritage Supporting Information(PDF, 565KB)
- Appendix E - On-site Sewage Development Assessment Framework(PDF, 2MB)
- Appendix F - repealed
- Appendix G - Flood Assessment Study Requirements(PDF, 166KB)
- Appendix H - repealed
- Appendix I - Drain Maintenance Guidelines(PDF, 130KB)
- Appendix J - Site Waste Minimisation & Management Plan Template(PDF, 1MB)
State Environmental Planning Policies
State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs) are rules that cover development and environmental planning issues across New South Wales. A SEPP may override our Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2010 and Development Control Plan (DCP) 2010.
NSW Planning & Environment provides an outline of all SEPPs. The SEPPs currently relevant to our local government area include:
This SEPP includes information on secondary dwellings (granny flats).
Further information is available on the BASIX website.