Road, footpath & drainage approvals

You need to obtain permission (consent) from us for any works or activities on a pubic roadway or footpath / nature strip. If you are planning to undertake this type of work or activity, you’ll need to contact us for approval to ensure:

  • The work is carried out safely
  • There is no impact on traffic
  • Public assets are maintained

If you are proposing to do roadwork or drainage on private land as part of an approved development, you may need to obtain an Engineering Certificate. The conditions of your development consent will indicate if you need one.

The Type of works or activities requiring approval include those shown below. Click on the boxes for more information.