Floodplain Management Advisory Committee Terms of Reference

Submissions closing on 07 February 2018, 04:30 PM

We are forming a Floodplain Management Advisory Committee to advise Council on the development and implementation of Floodplain Risk Management Plans for the Mid Coast Council local government area. The floodplain management advisory committee:

  • advises Council on the development and implementation of floodplain risk management processes for flood affected areas within its local government area,

  • provides a forum for the discussion of technical, social, economic, environmental and cultural issues,

  • creates the opportunity for the views of key stakeholders to be identified and captured through the development of floodplain management plans, and

  • acts a consultative form for the development and implementation of floodplain management plans.

The Terms of Reference for the Floodplain Management Advisory Committee is currently on exhibition and you can have your say until 7 February.

View the document by clicking on the link to the right of this page.

We are also seeking expressions of interest for community representatives to join the Committee for the remainder of the Council term. Click here to find out more about joining the Committee.

We welcome your feedback during the exhibition period.

Please ensure you provide feedback by 4.30pm on Wednesday 7 February 2018.

Submissions can be made in the following ways:

  • Online using the form below
  • By emailing: council@midcoast.nsw.gov.au
  • By mail, addressed to The Interim General Manager, MidCoast Council, PO Box 450, Forster NSW 2428.

 Please include the following submit code when making your submission:

  • Submit Code: FMACTOC

 Please provide full return address and telephone number when making a submission.

Tell us what you think
Please Note - If this is an official Development Application (DA), Planning Proposal, or formal exhibition submission - You MUST provide us with your contact details including postal address and tick the box to declare you have not made any political donations or gifts.
If you are providing feedback on matters NOT concerning a specific DA, Planning Proposal, or formal exhibition submission, you do NOT have to provide this information. Providing us with your contact information will enable us to respond to your comments.
Can Council contact you in relation to this? * (required)

Preferred contact method

The information below is applicable only for those making an official public submission regarding a specific Development Application:
Under section 147(4) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, a person making a public planning submission to Council must disclose if they have made any political donations or gifts to a MidCoast Council employee or councillor in the last 2 years.
If you have NOT made any political donations or gifts in the last two years, please tick the box below. If you HAVE made such a donation or gift, you will need to complete a Political Donations and Gifts Disclosure Statement with any submission. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORM.
If this submission or feedback is NOT related to specific Development Application, you do NOT need to tick the box below.
"I have not made a political donation or gift to any MidCoast Council employee or councillor in the last 2 years."
PRIVACY STATEMENT: The information provided in this form may constitute personal information as defined in the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Council is collecting this information so that it can consider matters and take relevant actions required under related Council legislation, regulations, standards, codes, policies etc in relation to dealing with your submission.
The information may be made available to other parties where such access is in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation or policy. The submission of personal information may be required by law and if not provided (wholly or in part) may affect or prevent consideration of the matter by Council.
Council is to be regarded as the agency that holds the information, which will ultimately be stored in Council's records system. You may make application for access or amendment to information held by Council and you may also request that Council suppress your personal information from a public register.
Type the characters you see in the image below * (Required)