Now open for feedback. Drop in to one of our pop-up sessions, 27 April - 3 May, or watch the video and take the survey below.
As the gateway to Wingham, the Cedar Party Creek Bridge forms part of a regional road that connects communities, and provides an important freight route supporting local industry. And with an opportunity to design its replacement currently on the table, MidCoast Council’s project team is asking for feedback at a pop-up consultation, 27 April - 3 May.
- The ageing timber bridge was built in its current form in the early 1960's and is nearing the end of its serviceable life
- We were successful in winning $350,000 from the RestartNSW program in September last year, for investigation, feasibility and design of a replacement bridge
- This funding has already resulted in a body of work to identify a range of different options that take into account the physical location of the new bridge, as well as technical assessment of factors that include:
- its ability to withstand future flood events,
- its interaction with the level rail crossing, and
- its ability to improve the flow of traffic, including heavy vehicles, into the Wingham town centre.
Click here(PDF, 20MB) to download a larger version of the map.
Come to one of our community consultation sessions
The community consultation will take place at the CWA rooms in Isabella Street, Wingham on the following dates:
- Thursday 27 April, 12 - 6pm
- Friday 28 April, 12 - 6pm
- Saturday 29 April, 8am - 12pm
- Monday 1 May, 7am - 12pm
- Tuesday 2 May, 7am - 12pm
- Wednesday 3 May, 7am - 12pm
Members of the community are invited to drop in during one or more of the sessions at a time that suits them, to be taken through the background to this important project and to discuss eight different design options that have been developed as part of this initial phase. Attendees will also have the opportunity to provide feedback by completing a survey during the drop-in session.
Can't make one of the drop in sessions? Watch the video and take the survey below.
Watch our videos
The video below answers some of your questions about the potential bridge replacement designs, with a focus on the two designs considered most feasible.
The video below contains the full slide presentation used by MidCoast Council in the community consultations for the proposed Cedar Party Creek Bridge Replacement in Wingham. The slides include costings, construction times, and pros & cons for all options that are being considered.
Survey opens at midday on Thursday 27 April, and closes at 5.30pm on Wednesday 17 May 2017.
Review our Frequently Asked Questions here(PDF, 137KB).
Take Part in our online Survey
Click here to take survey on a mobile device
Last updated: 27 April, 2017