It's not too late to book into a 'Scraps to Soil' workshop this spring with a host of benefits for your family, your hip pocket, your backyard and the beautiful MidCoast environment!
Four MidCoast residents are thrilled with their free tickets won in last week's Scrap to Soil competition. The lucky winners each won a spot at the workshop of their choice, plus a free composter and aerator or a worm farm - worth $20. They were Eloise Taylor, Cass Turner, Belinda Warwick and Liz Jarvis.
The competition ran for two weeks in October 2017.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is being run by MidCoast Council and MIDWASTE Regional Waste Forum (the Promoters).
2. The competition is open to anyone who resides within the MidCoast Council area except for employees of the Promoters.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.facebook.com/MidCoastCouncil
6. The competition opens at 6pm on Thursday 28 September 2017 and closes at midnight on Thursday 12 October 2017. Entries made after this time will not be permitted.
7. No responsibility will be accepted for entries not received before the close date for any reason.
8. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Share the competition Facebook post on the official MidCoast Council Facebook page; comment - telling us why you'd like to win a ticket for a MidCoast region Scraps to Soils workshop; and which workshop you'd like to attend.
9. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any occurrence outside the Promoters' control.
10. Five prizes, each consisting of one ticket to a MIDWASTE Scraps to Soils workshop, valued at $20, will be awarded. Tickets may be used at any one of five Scraps to Soil workshops being held from 21 October until 31 December 2017 in the MidCoast region only. Each prize includes entry to the workshop, and either a composter and aerator, or a worm farm and worms.
11. The prize is as stated above and no cash or alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. This is a game of skill - chance plays no part in determining the winning entrants. Entries will be judged based on literary merit, by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoters, on Friday 13 October and winners notified by direct messaging on Facebook within one week of the competition close date.
13. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, the Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
14. The Promoters will notify the winner confirming the workshop location and arranging details for attendance.
15. The Promoters' decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any additional personal data (except what is published by the entrant themselves) relating to the winner or any other entrants that we collect in the course of the competition will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
17. Winner's names will be published on MidCoast Council's Facebook page and website until 31 December 2017.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.