Council Contracts Register
In accordance with Section 27 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA), Council is required to maintain a register that records information about each government contract which has (or is likely to have) a value of $150,000 or more and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project;
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services;
- the transfer of real property or
- the rent payable for the term of the lease
Employment contracts do not need to be included in the register.
Different classes of contracts
The Act provides for three different classes of contracts, each with different information disclosure requirements.
Class 1 - contracts are those that have, or are likely to have a value of $150,000.
Class 2 - contracts are those that have, or are likely to have a value of $150,000; and additionally either where:
- there has not been a public tender process and the terms and conditions of the contract have been negotiated directly with the contractor;
- the contract was the subject of a tender (whether public or not) but the terms and conditions have been substantially negotiated with the contractor;
- the obligations of one or more parties to maintain or operate infrastructure or assets; and could continue for 10 years or more;
- the contract involves a privately financed project (as defined by Treasury);
- the contract involves a transfer of a significant asset or an exchange of significant assets.
Class 3 - Class 2 contract which has (or is likely to have) a value of $5 million or more.
MidCoast Council Contract Register
Contracts awarded in excess of $150,000 made subsequent to the calling of formal tenders are listed below for 2016/2017.
|| Contract Ref
Complete Linemarking Services Pty Ltd;
Whiteline Road Services;
Oz Line Marking
||Line Marking Services as required Tender RP/T251516MNC
|Clement Marine P/L
|| 2016-17/08(PDF, 1MB)
||Construction of jetty and pontoon infrastructure at Tuncurry, Pacific Palms and Coomba
|Ditchfield Pty Ltd
|| 2016-17/13(PDF, 1MB)
||Diamond Beach Road Reconstruction – Blackhead Rd to Panorama Drive
|Eire Constructions P/L
|| 2016-17/14(PDF, 1MB)
||Harrington Road Reconstruction
|St Hilliers Property P/L
|| 2016-17/15(PDF, 1MB)
||Kelly’s Creek Bridge Reconstruction
|Daracon Pty Ltd
|| 2016-17/25(PDF, 1MB)
||Taree Airport RPT Apron PAPI Infrastructure Upgrades
|Kedwell Constructions Pty Ltd
|| 2016-17/37(PDF, 1MB)
||Building extension Hockey Facility Taree Rec Ground
|| 2016-17/41(PDF, 1MB)
||Purchase Front end loader
|BMT WBM Consultants & Advision P/L
|| 2016-17/54(PDF, 1MB)
||Flood risk management study Karuah and Manning River
|City Plan Services
||Rural Opportunities and Land Use Strategy