Your chance to stay updated – October community meetings
It’s time for our next round of update meetings, where we visit communities across the region. As well as an update on our progress, this time you’ll hear about the plans we have in place to address the issues you’ve identified as priorities, and our strategies for the year ahead. And it’s a great opportunity to meet your new Councillors.
Also on the agenda will be an outline of the upcoming process for developing the MidCoast Community Strategic Plan. This will become an important roadmap that aims to capture the community’s desires and aspirations through to 2030. We’re currently planning a separate engagement schedule, so keep an eye out for details of where and when you can get involved.
Help us spread the word! It’s important for us to connect with all corners of our community, so think about asking a family member, neighbour, work colleague, a friend or a young person to come along with you.
- Forster, Council chambers Tues 10 October, 10am - 12pm
- Taree, Council chambers Wed 11 October, 6 - 8pm
- Gloucester, Senior Citizens Centre Thurs 12 October, 5.30 - 7.30pm
- Hallidays Point, Blackhead SLSC Tues 17 October, 6 - 8pm. An additional Community Discussion Meeting will be held at 2 - 4pm to discuss the proposed manufactured home estate in Tallwoods.
- Tea Gardens, Baptist Church Wed 18 October, 6 - 8pm
- Harrington, Function Centre Thurs 19 October, 6 - 8pm
- Wingham, Services Club Tues 24 October, 6 - 8pm
- Bulahdelah, School of Arts Thurs 26 October, 6 - 8pm
- Old Bar, Club Old Bar Mon 30 October, 6 - 8pm
- Stroud, School of Arts Tues 31 October, 6 - 8pm
The video below was made at the first meeting in Forster on 10 October where new Mayor David West opened the meeting with a passionate and positive speech.