The Vibrant Spaces trial
The initial Vibrant Spaces trial ran from 1 September 2014 - 28 February 2015 under the former Greater Taree City Council, and we're pleased to report on some very positive results throughout Taree's town centre, including:
- Increased footpath usage from 17 to 49 businesses
- Increase in street engagement, from 3% to 11.4%
- Increased sales and store traffic in over 74% of participating businesses
- Over 85% of survey respondents noted an increase in street vibrancy
- Twice as many cafes offered outdoor dining options
- Confidence in the commercial rental market boosted
- Improvement in the perception of Taree's town centre
View the full 2014/15 Vibrant Spaces Trial Report.
Following this success of this trial and implementation of the Vibrant Spaces program across the Manning Region, it was decided at our ordinary meeting on 23 November 2016 to extend the program to the town centres of Bulahdelah, Gloucester, Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest, Pacific Palms and Stroud, on a six (6) month trial basis.
View all of the trial area maps here(PDF, 5MB).