Interested in busking?
We love to see buskers become part of our vibrant spaces, but there are guidelines that need to be followed.
To use the footpath for busking you must ensure that you:
- Are busking in the Taree, Wingham, Harrington, Old Bar, Bulahdelah, Gloucester, Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest, Pacific Palms & Stroud town centres. The maps are available here
- Have spoken with nearby shop owners where you are busking to ensure they have no concerns
- Can provide enough room for people to easily walk down the path unimpeded (1.8m wide clear path). Is there enough room for people to pass, especially if pushing a pram or in a wheel chair? Can people still use the path safely, get to their car, post the mail, wait for the bus or cross the road? Also, be aware that vision impaired people use the building line to navigate and do not impede their movement along the street
- Agree not to amplify music or create a public nuisance. Public nuisance can include creating a threat to public safety, approaching the public for money or begging (voluntary donations are acceptable)
- Agree to busk anytime between the hours of 10am and 10pm
Buskers are required to obtain valid Public Liability Insurance to cover themselves and members of the public should any incidents arise. Please ensure you discuss your responsibilities with us.